“Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival.
There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves.”
I like generalisations. That’s because they point out a general truth.
Like the fact that, generally speaking, fair skinned people will sunburn more easily than those with darker skin. That statement neatly sums up a well known truth.
It is also true that a bunch of people – generally left-wing, gender-studies, academic types – will be inclined to write volumes on their belief that such a statement is inherently discriminatory.
And it is generally true that their work is absolute rubbish. Every bit of it.
Here’s another generalisation that should not be easily dismissed: the Islamic community supports the military efforts of Australia’s enemies. And, by doing so, it represents the first time in Australian history that a discrete and identifiable segment of society has provided recruits and aid to organisations that seek to overthrow our democratic government.
Despite this, our government is allowing large-scale Islamic immigration and now the Australian Defence Force is actively seeking Islamic recruits.
That’s right. Our military wants to enlist the enemy.
This situation is completely at odds with all reason. It is akin to opening the doors to Japanese migrants during World War Two, providing them with free health care, education and welfare benefits and turning a blind eye while funds and recruits are sent back to Japan for training, indoctrination and use in the Japanese war efforts against Australia. Oh yeah, and with all this going on, the government also deciding to actively recruit Japanese patriots into the Australian military.
The reason this did not happen in World War Two was because our nation had not lost its senses. It was not in the grip of PC BS. Unfortunately, this ideology defines Australia today.
If you think this is crazy, you are right. Pat yourself on the back.
If you think this is great for a multicultural society, then you have strayed far too past stupid to be of any use, on the wrong webpage and should probably not read further unless prepared for a shock.
These are the facts. The stone cold facts:
- The 2011 census recorded that out of Australia’s population of 21.5 million, about 476,000 were Muslim.
- Australia’s population now stands at just over 23 million. Based on even rates of population growth, there are now about 512,000 Muslims who call Australia home.
- This population of 23 million supports a military of 58,000. So there is one person in the military for every 400 Australians.
- But there are only 88 Muslims in the Australian Defence Force. It is a reality that the Islamic Community, on the whole, is much less patriotic than the rest of Australia. There is only one Muslim serving in uniform for every 5820 Muslims in this country. Muslims are 14 times less likely to enlist than other Australians.
- Furthermore, there are 2530 Australians currently serving overseas on military operations. This means that our participation rate in conflict is rather low: one soldier is deployed for every 9,143 Australians.
- However, the same cannot be said for the Islamic community. ASIO has repeatedly warned that hundreds of Australian Muslims are fighting in Syria, many with al Qaeda-linked groups. If we assume the best possible case that by ‘hundreds’ ASIO means the lowest possible multiple of hundred, then there are 200 Muslims involved in that conflict. This means that the Islamic community is sending its sons off to war at a much greater rate than the rest of Australia: Islamic militant groups are picking up an Australian recruit for every 2,561 Muslims living in this country.
Just in case maths is not your strong point, let me put it this way. Per capita, the Islamic community is sending three terrorists off to fight with Islamist groups for every soldier the rest of this country sends overseas to wage war against them.
On the whole, it all seems rather crazy that alarm bells aren’t ringing out across the countryside.
But they aren’t and, instead, the Australian Defence Force is now trying to actively recruit Muslims.
In fact, the Royal Australian Navy has just appointed a Strategic Advisor on Islamic Cultural Affairs. Part of her job will be to bridge the ‘misperceptions’ and ‘misunderstandings’ that are apparently limiting the number of Muslims in uniform.
I respectfully submit that the reason young Muslim men are not joining up like the rest of Australians is not because of misunderstandings about the Australian military. On the contrary, this target group understands it very well. It’s just that the flower of Australia’s Islamic youth are too busy fighting for the enemy to worry about bothering the Defence Force’s recruiting agencies.
They might have an Australian passport but their allegiance is not to our flag.
Yet the military is so intent on recruiting from this community that it now allows them to wear a different uniform. And these are not my words. They come straight from the Royal Australian Air Force’s webpage devoted to diversity, in the section about religious dress:
“No matter which uniform our Air Force members wear, they wear their uniform with pride, and inherit a proud tradition that was established by the generations before us.”
If the goal of Islamic recruitment is to integrate this community into Australian society, giving them a separate uniform hardly seems like a sensible idea. But hey, maybe integration is not what this is about after all.
Generally speaking, if a soldier in a Western nation has his head hacked off while strolling home from his barracks, there will be a Muslim at the scene of the crime.
And, generally speaking, if a soldier runs around a Western military barracks shouting Allah Akbar while gunning down his comrades, there will be a Muslim behind the trigger.
And, generally speaking, if a military installation in a Western nation is the target of a terrorist threat, a bunch of Muslims will be in on the planning.
With all that in mind, generally speaking, if you increase the number of Muslims in Western countries you will probably see more of these atrocities in the future. And if you are dumb enough to put these people into uniform, then there is also a fair chance the military will change as well. Not for the better, either.
Later this year, Australia will withdraw most of its troops from Afghanistan. You could say it’s a sign that the ‘War on Terror’, started when western aircraft hijacked by Islamic pilots smashed into the Twin Towers, is over.
I’d say it’s probably just begun. And that efforts to date have been a complete and utter strategic failure.
Because the Islamic population in Australia has doubled during this war. And when Australia’s soldiers return home, it is highly likely that this country’s largest armed commitment overseas will be comprised of Islamic Australians soldiering on with al Qaeda in Syria. That is a hardly a sign of victory.