The extent of the failure…

The truth is that Man Haron Monis should have never been allowed to walk into the Lindt Cafe.

From SBS:

“ASIO received 18 complaints against Lindt Cafe gunman Man Haron Monis days before he took customers and staff hostage in central Sydney and decided he was not a threat, the inquest into the tragedy has been told.”

But it was not just an intelligence failure. The whole Lindt Cafe response was a farce as Paul Sheehan writes today. It was a medical failure. It was a police failure. It was a bureaucratic failure. He addresses all these issues in detail. This is what Paul Sheehan says about the medical response:

When the Lindt Cafe terrorism siege turned deadly on December 16 last year, emergency services had access to a hospital just 120 metres away. Sydney Hospital. The victims could have been wheeled up Martin Place and into the emergency ward in about 60 seconds. But, acting on preordained protocols, the ambulances were sent to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Camperdown, 20 minutes away via heavy traffic.

Unfortunately, the government has already decided that everything is hunky-dory. This is from the combined federal and state report into the siege, finished back in January:

“Overall, the Review has found that the judgments made by government agencies were reasonable and that the information that should have been available to decision makers was available.”

Despite the fact that the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet has given everyone a thumbs up in relation to the Lindt Cafe, this same organisation also acknowledges that the situation is getting worse, and in every possible way. This quote is from a review into Australia’s counter-terrorism machinery, also compiled in January:

“All of the terrorism-related metrics are worsening: known numbers of foreign fighters, sympathisers and supporters, serious investigations. We are not ‘winning’ on any front.”

So there you have it. The government is doing a great job, but we’re still losing on every front.

Maybe this is why: the government is pumping millions into ‘deradicalisation‘ programs. Only 1 out of the 87 programs actually deals with radicalised Muslims. The rest promote Islam through a dangerous and costly focus on diversity, tolerance and multiculturalism.

Author: Bernard Gaynor

Bernard Gaynor is a married father of eight children. He has a background in military intelligence, Arabic language and culture and is an outspoken advocate of conservative and family values.

Share This Post On

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares

Share This

Share this post with your friends!